Garanti Bank is one of the largest banks in Turkey, with 9 million customers, 830 branches, and assets worth more thanUS$79 billion. The bank has a reputation for excellent customer service and for early, innovative adoption of new technologies. An important driver for any investment is the bank’s goal of continually increasing its customer base and revenues.
This is why, when replacing outdated call centre systems, Garanti Bank also decided to refresh its entire communications infrastructure. The bank wanted to improve the customer experience and offer new services such as video interactions with contact centre agents or experts.
Enriching each customer contact would also create better conditions for staff to upsell successfully. Utilising rich media and mobile technologies such as 3G would keep costs down by avoiding extra pressure on the branch network. Cisco Unified Communications Manager provided an IP telephony foundation that integrates with Cisco Unified Contact Centre Enterprise to give branch staff and contact centre agents new functionality.
Customers will be able to consult with advisors by video in every branch, enhancing service while better utilising in-house experts. The video service motivates staff to sell and is appealing for customers who want to learn about new promotions.
Cisco Capital enabled Garanti Bank to purchase a complete solution without delay, including a three-year service contract. The financing provided an optimal cost structure with attractive terms that minimised costs and released capital for core banking activities.
“We have a versatile and scalable solution
that allows us to continue innovating and
offering different, high-quality services to
customers, while managing our costs”
Husnu Erel, CIO, Garanti Bank
- Improve the customer experience and offer new services to win younger generation customers
- Utilise rich media and mobile technologies to keep costs down
- Refresh entire communications infrastructure
- Cisco Collaboration: UCS, IP Telephony
- Cross border loan from Cisco Capital including a three-year service contract
- New functionality improved customerservice and experience
- Better call management enhanced customer satisfaction and cut costs
- Innovative approach increased sales, productivity, and profitability
- Optimal cost structure that minimised costs and released capital for core banking activities